Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Legendary singer Lalchan Rafi Singh return to Toronto is questionable

Lalchan Rafi Singh
Reported by Nirvan Balkissoon
Lalchan Rafi Singh’s return to Toronto is questionable due to a fall he suffered on Monday October 10, in Queens, New York.

“I was in New York at the time and in fact with Lalchan at the time of the fall. Lalchan came over to see me around 1 pm, We relaxed and played one of his CDs. He had a couple of drinks with Gerry and Joe while I just relaxed. We must have played the CD about 3 times while talking about his visit to Toronto and he also sang with the CD and enjoyed a wonderful time with us.

I connected him with Harold Boodoo so that Harold can prepare the music. Lalchan’s performance will be about 1½ hrs so he had about 12 songs and a medley that he would do in the second Harold, everyone started talking about some of the jokes that Lalchan would be belting out in between his performance as he stated he wanted people to come and enjoy themselves with him after 15 years away from Toronto.

Sometime around 4 pm we sat down to eat some food, I left Lalchan sitting at the table and went to lie down inside after finishing eating. After about 20 mins or so I was told that Lalchan got up from the kitchen table and said he was going home. While walking down the steps he must have lost his balance and fell down,. When I rush to the steps I saw Lalchan flat on his back fast asleep.

The landlord called the ambulance and they took him to Jamaica Hospital. The next day we visited him at the hospital to find him awake on a bed waiting for the doctor.

His left hand was bandaged up and in a sling. Lalchan told me at the time that he still wants to come to Toronto and would let me know as he’s supposed to come out of the hospital by the end of the week.

I spoke to Lalchan earlier this week and discussed his trip to Toronto and agreed that we’ll see how it goes with him on a day to day basis.

He still wants to come and perform and is hoping that he can still make it. His left hand is broken and he’s attending therapy but will keep me inform towards the end of the week.

At the time of this publication we cannot confirm whether Lalchan will be here to perform but if he does make it, everyone will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment